The ladder is one of the most important tools in my house which comes in many different sizes and forms to meet many different needs of my household chores. I have multiple ladders in my home because as I need a tiny step ladder in my kitchen, the same way I need a 26 feet long extension ladder to get on my roof or clean my gutters. So it’s very obvious to have multiple ladders in your home but the most challenging part appears when it’s time to store those ladders. As an owner of 4 different ladders, I’ve discovered 3 amazing ladder storage solutions that will allow you to save a ton of floor space. Let’s have a quick look below-
- Wall ladder storage solution
- Ceiling ladder storage solution
- Outside ladder storage solution
Here are My In-depth Ladder Storage Solutions [Step-by-Step]
Before I dive into my in-depth ladder storage solutions, let me introduce you to the murphy ladder. It’s one of the most heavy-duty ladders with so many awesome features. The catchy part is it comes with the most compact and pinch-free design which allows you to store it almost anywhere you want. Even you can store it under your bed or in closets. To know more about it, read my murphy ladder reviews today. Anyway, let’s jump on my ladder storage solutions.
1. Wall ladder storage
Keeping ladders randomly on your floor causes to narrow down garage space and even you may get hurt with them. So there is no point to put your ladders on the floor when there are smart ladder storage solutions available.
Yes, you can simply screw a ladder storage hook into your wall and hang your ladder with that hook. It’s that simple. This way, you can not only save your floor space but also make your wall look decorative.
Hanging ladders on the wall have always been my top ladder storage solution. You can do it in two different ways, such as-
Hanging ladders vertically on the walls requires only one single heavy-duty ladder storage hook. It requires comparatively less space but it’s very important to make sure that the hook is very sturdy and capable of carrying the ladder’s weight. If you buy any random cheap ladder storage hooks then you may end up with a bad experience.
Don’t panic, I’ve listed the top-performing heavy-duty ladder storage hooks below so that you can pick your one easily, keep reading.
You can also go with a horizon ladder storage solution but there are things you should keep in mind.
- You need at least two hooks
- Takes more space of your wall.
- The only positive side is the hooks don’t need to be that much heavier because the ladder’s weight gets distributed on both hooks equally. For example- if the weight capacity of a hook is 45 lbs, and you use two hooks then you can easily hang a 90 lbs ladder on them.
So if you ask me what’s my favorite, vertical storage or horizontal storage? I must say that the vertical storage has always been my top priority because it covers less space of my walls. If you have a lot of tools in your tiny garage then you must focus on saving space.
As reading this post , it means you have lack of free space in your garage. If so, let me recommend you gorilla mpx22 ladder. It’s a heavy-duty multi-position ladder with easy to store facility. Read my gorilla ladder mpx22 ft review to learn more about it.
My Favorite Top 3 Heavy-duty Ladder Storage Hooks
There are a lot of ladder storage brackets, racks, or hooks in the market nowadays but not all of them worth buying. So here is my top you can buy with confidence.
1 Tornado-00525 Ladder Hook (4-Pack)
- Mount to drywall or a wall stud with the same fastener
- Extended length plate design distributes weight evenly for superior holding power
- Notches on plate allow for easy leveling and alignment with other hooks
- Rubber coated hook provides added visibility, safety and grip
- A spike on the back plate allows for quick positioning and easier mounting before fastening to wall
The tornado ladder hook is a perfect example of sturdy and heavy-duty ladder storage hooks. I love it because of its perfect design and excellent weight capacity. It can carry up to 30 lbs of weight. It comes with rubber coating which adds grip and protects the ladder from being scratched.
Most importantly, this rubber coating prevents the ladder from slip off and it doesn’t get damaged quickly which is a common problem of all ladder storage hooks.
On top of that, the tornado 00525 has notches on the back of the plate which allows marking the wall where you can install the hook easily without any hassle. You can mount it on both drywall and stud.
The hook is extra long which allows the ladder to securely fit in. Also, it is a bit upturned to protect the ladder to fall forward. So you can confidently try the tornado 00525 hook while looking for a heavy-duty ladder storage hook.
Not satisfied with this one? Well, then check out the next one below, it performs way better.
2 CoolYeah Heavy-duty Steel Hook (8 pack)
- PERFECT FOR HEAVY OBJECTS – CoolYeah hooks is a set of 8 wall mounted double hooks. The extended length and anti-slip coating let you organise and hang heavy objects for up to 40lbs.
- VARYING SIZES AND FUNCTIONS – CoolYeah garage shovel hooks have different sizes for various uses. It creates an efficient storage space, just what you need to hang and hold your items, such as folded,chairs,ladders,bicycles,power tools, and other multiple heavy bulky items. double hooks design qualified to hang air hose, garden and lawn tools, part of ourdoor equipments. Hanger off the ground in your garage garden or home! Endless options for efficient storagein the garage,shop,basement,or shed.
- EFFORTLESS INSTALLATION – The notches and spike at the back of the plate allow you to fasten or adjust the hook plates easier. They fit on drywall, wall stud and other wall types neatly and quickly. Comes with 32 set of screws and wall plugs inside the package!
- PREMIUM HEAVY DUTY MATERIAL – CoolYeah garage hooks are made of heavy duty iron, while the anti-slip coating is made of sturdy PVC. They’re durable to endure heavy weights and prevent slips for years of use!
- LIFE TIME REPLACEMENT AND REFUNE GUARANTEE - In case if you are not satisfied with the product which speaks a lot about the security of the money you’re paying. What are you waiting for? Add to cart and check out now.
CoolYeah hook is unbeatable in case of carrying heavyweight items, it offers max 40 lbs of weight capacity and comes in various sizes to meet your various needs. The CoolYeah hook is made of premium heavy duty iron with anti-slip sturdy PVC coating.
The high-quality PVC coating protects your ladder from fall off and prevents them from being scratched. In addition to that, it comes with notches at the back of the plate which allows easy and quick hassle-free installation.
On top of that, the CoolYeah package includes 32 sets of screws and wall plugs so you don’t have to spend a single penny buying an additional piece of accessories.
I love CoolYeah hooks just because of its heavy-duty performance and hassle-free quick installation. So I suggest you put this on your radar while searching for the sturdy ladder storage hooks.
Not satisfied yet? Well, check the last one below. If offers 50 lbs of weight capacity.
3 Incredikoo Garage Storage Hooks (12 pack)
- ✅FROM MESS TO HOME DECOR - If you have bulk items taking over your garage, shop, basement, shed, even garden, declutter with these garage hooks you will want to show off to your guests!
- ✅SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR HEAVY OBJECTS - Comes in 5 convenient sizes of powder coated, rust resistant construction iron made garage hangers, holds up to 50 pounds or more when properly installed. Thanks to the orange anti slide coated PVC rubbers, whether wet water hoses, dirty rakes or even heavy mechanic power tools, nothing slips, or your money back.
- ✅RIDICULOUSLY EASY INSTALLATION - Mount simply on hardwoods, brick and concrete walls with anchors and steel narrow thread screws. Drywall/plaster walls with plastic wide thread screws, along with clear step-by-step instructions that allow even the clumsiest of us can install easily in no time.
- ✅GARDEN TOOL HANGERS FOR GARAGE WALL - Endless options for efficient organization. J Hooks for tidy up your brooms, mops, rakes, shovels and baseball bats! U Hook are ideal ladder hangers for garage wall and a flexible solution for water hoses, folded chairs, bicycle, lumber, garden tools, electrical cords and other bulky items. Great for commercial use.
- ✅100% SATISFACTION CUSTOMER - These garage storage hooks and garage wall hooks is built to last. We stand behind our products and service. Just click "Add to Cart" now!
The Incredikoo storage hook is just another great one if you need to store heavier items. This hook comes with 50 lbs of weight capacity which is way better than you indeed need. It comes in 5 different sizes to meet your various needs and made of rust-resistant construction iron which gives more safety assurance.
On top of that, it comes with anti-slide PVC rubber coating which doesn’t allow items to slip around. The catchy part is you can mount it almost on any surfaces, such as- hardwoods, bricks, drywall, or stud but make sure it’s capable of carrying the weight of your items.
So while looking for ladder storage solutions then you should try the Incredikoo garage storage hook. It’s worth buying.
Some Honorable Mentions You Can also Trust
4. Ceiling Ladder Storage
- DOUBLE YOUR CEILING STORAGE: 2 sided rack gives you twice the storage capacity
- HEAVY DUTY STEEL: built to hold up to 150lbs (75 lbs per side) total for multiple ladders
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT: adjust the center column from 10" to 18" tall to provide you exactly the storage thickness that fits your space and storage needs; remove the arms with the push of a button
- WHAT LADDERS WILL IT FIT? up to 18" thick storage and 25" wide arms will fit a variety of ladders, however stacked
- EXCLUSIVE PATENTED DESIGN: Built to hold your ladders and built to last!
Another great ladder storage idea is hanging them at your ceiling. You can install a ladder storage rack or ladder ceiling storage hoist or pulley to store your ladder even more securely.
If you have much bigger extension ladders then ceiling storage could be one of the great extension ladder storage ideas because it is harder to hang them on your wall.
While trying to store your ladders at the ceiling, you need to be crystal clear at what you’re doing because if anything goes wrong then these heavy ladders may fall on someone’s head.
But there are always safer ways of doing this. So if you are a DIY type, watch the video.
You Can Store Your Ladders at the Ceiling in Two Ways-
1. Using a Ladder Storage Rack
The ceiling storage racks are stationary holders that are installed with the ceiling joist. A ceiling storage rack holds the ladder exactly where it is. Whereas a hoist/pulley carries the ladder up and down to take off and takedown.
So note that while deciding to go with a ceiling storage rack you will need to have another ladder to fetch the ladder from that ceiling rack.
So while using any ceiling ladder storage rack, make sure you have an additional step ladder aside. I suggest go with the “Store Your Board” ceiling rack, it’s worth buying.
I highly recommend the “Store Your Board” ceiling rack because it’s made of heavy-duty steel with two-sided racks that give 2x storage capacity. On top of that, it has a maximum weight capacity of 150 lbs (75 lbs each).
The rack is mainly designed for kayak storage purposes but you can confidently store your heavy ladders on it. It’s my no.1 ladder storage rack of all time.
2. Using a Ladder Storage Hoist/Pulley
There are two types of ladder storage hoist/pulley available in the market. You can use an either manual or motorized hoist. It’s also widely known as ladder pulley system.
1. Manual Hoist
With manual hoist/pulley, first, you have got to tie or hook the ladder to the pulley then you pull the rope, this way the ladder goes up towards the ceiling. The mechanism is much similar to window blind strap pulling. If you pull the rope the ladder goes up and if released the ladder comes down.
2. Motorized Hoist
With a motorized pulley, you press the button instead of pulling the rope. It automatically lifts the ladder toward the ceiling and brings it back automatically with a simple press of a button.
The motorized pulley requires less human efforts and it’s very easy to use but a bit risky. I don’t recommend motorized pulley here as they are very tricky to use and involves some risks. But if you need it badly, I recommend calling a handyman to install it properly.
3. Outside Ladder Storage
Due to the lack of space in your garage, having outside ladder storage ideas is not always good. The UV rays of the sun may weaken the fiberglass and plastic portion of your ladder which ultimately causes the ladder to breakdown.
Besides, there is a high chance the ladder will be stolen. So try to store it inside. But if there is no way, make sure that it’s out of sunlight or rainwater. Learn more about garage storage tricks from here.
Ladders are expensive and if you want them to last long then proper storage is important. I’ve damaged so many ladders just due to the lack of proper care. So I think, my handy guides on ladder storage solutions will help you a lot.
If you have any questions or suggestions regarding these ladder storage ideas then do let me know in the comment section. I’ll be more than just happy to reply to you. Be safe and have a great time ahead. Want to learn about DIY ladder storage? visit this link.
Everyone recognizes aluminum ladders: lighter, more practical, less demanding, and easier to maintain. Moreover, Aluminum ladders are often used in high-rise work because they are reliable and...
Ladder accidents are as discreet as burglars in the night. You never know when it’s going to happen. You're just working normally - cleaning the gutters, fixing the windows, or building...